Thursday, March 8, 2012

How to Get Started in Product Sampling

Product Sampling 101
 

My friends ask me all the time, "How do you get so many products for free?" "Well..." I say "It's easier than you might think."

If you are willing to do a little bit of work and enjoy trying new things, there are several legitimate websites that specialize in connecting consumers to new products. These sites will send you products to try absolutely free. Here are a few I belong to; BzzAgent, Influenster, Vocalpoint and Smiley360. It can be hard to find these sites doing just a Google search but some good keywords to try would be "word of mouth marketing" or "new product samples"

Now, by a little bit of work, I really do mean little. After I get sent a product to try, the extent of my work will usually consist of answering a survey and/or writing a review expressing my honest opinion of the product (either good or bad) either on my own blog, a product website or on the site that sent me the product to sample. Many times, these activities are even optional. 

So how do they choose which products to send you? Well, when you first sign up you fill out questionnaires that make up your profile.  From that they choose which products to send you. And that's basically it. After that, checking your e-mail regularly will be the only thing left to do so you don't miss out on any opportunities.

Here is a list of some types of free name brand products I've been sent to try:
*Dog Food (Hill's Science Diet)
*Make up (L'Oreal, Cover Girl, Olay)
*Food products
*Hair Removal Products (Phillips Epilator)
*Cleaning Supplies (Gain, Scrubbing Bubbles, Febreze) and the list goes on...


 Now while having a Blog, a Twitter or Facebook account is not necessary, it is recommended. (On a side note, Facebook is also a great place to find free samples for all sorts of products usually through promotions offered by the companies themselves)

 So if you enjoy trying new products and like getting free stuff, try joining some of these fun websites. Like I said, there are no strings attached, just a willingness to try new things! 

Have you found any other good websites other than the ones I've mentioned here? Share with me! Leave a comment below.

 

No comments: