Saturday, July 24, 2010

Adventures in Blog Stalking...

stalkerkitty

Day 4 of ProBlogger Challenge: Hmmm, stalk analyze a blog you say? Ok, well, after I figured out my niche, I perused my blogroll to see who would be my victim, er, subject. I decided to stalk Mercedes of Common Sense with Money.  Sorry Mercedes, lol!


Here's what I found out:

  •   CSWM has much link love and a clean, well designed blog layout. 
  •   There isn't an overwhelming amount of advertising.
  •   Topics covered are free samples, drug stores, grocery stores, freebies, budget recipes and printable coupons.
CSWM seems to be doing everything right. With well over 6 million hits and 100+ readers online at any one time, one could easily get discouraged at the seemingly impossible task of gaining that many readers, but I know that Mercedes must have worked very hard on her blog and that it hasn't come easily. My lesson, whenever I come across such a successful blogger is to take inspiration from that success. It shows that hard work and perseverance pay off and that women rock! If you set your mind to it, you can do it!

From this exercise I learned how I can differentiate myself from other frugal bloggers. Wish me luck on this continuing adventure (not stalking, blogging!).

So get to it #31DBBB ladies! Make your blogs shine!



Digg!
Print

7 comments:

joannjll said...

I'm starting day 4 tasks today and took some inspiration from your blog today. Thanks for the reminder to appreciate the hard work that has gone into another blogger's site.

Ursula said...

....to have some humor helps. You have it. Last but not least it shall be fun and it is.

Melissa said...

Thanks for visiting ladies! :)

Angelia Sims said...

Wow, 6 million? I couldn't imagine. Sounds like you are learning from the best. Visiting from the Red Dress Club. :-)

Lindsey said...

Sounds like you found a great blog to follow. I too chose a high ranking blogger to stalk. Best of luck. RDC and 31DBBB.

life in a pink fibro said...

I know lots of people doing the Pro Blogger challenge and it seems to work great. Keep it up and you'll get there! Found you via Red Dress.

Jessica Anne said...

I always get a little intimidated by the big blogs. Good for you for keeping it in perspective. It doesn't happen overnight. From TRDC.